Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 04 — A favorite book


Hallie and I both enjoy making time for reading together. She’ll choose a book and we’ll take turns reading to each other. As far as kids’ books go, my favorites, I would have to say, would be any SkippyJon Jones book or Junie B. Jones. Both series are friggin’ hilarious. With SkippyJon, Hallie likes for me to read it with a Chihuahua mui mui soft voice (he’s actually a leetle kitty boy with an identity crisis). The books are so hysterical, we are both sore afterwards from long bouts of belly laughter.

I’ve got several favorites myself that I’ve had for many years. I’ve got mostly sci-fi titles on that list – Go figure. But I’d have to say Anne of Green Gables is my favorite of all time. Really? Hmmm. It’s a toss up. I like many books for different reasons – the places they bring you to with your mind and your heart. I do love an adventure, too. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe comes to mind. The Hobbit. The Time Machine. All favorites. Lord of the Rings. Oh, don’t get me started… I think it’s time to pick one of these books up and read it again. ;)

If you are ever in need of some good ole’ bust a gut belly laughter, I highly recommend SkippyJon Jones but yoooo must reeed eeet weet yo’d mui mui soft leetle Chihuahua voice. Oh, dat sweet leetle kitty boy! Even if you don’t have kids, read it out loud to yourself. We had taken it over to Mama’s to see what she thought of the book, and, of course, I had to read it in SkippyJon’s leetle Chihuahua voice. She laughed so hard, I’m not sure if it was really good for her. She became an instant fan and recommends the books to her friends that have kids and grandkids. I’m just sayin’, even if ya don’t have kids, you should read one of the books. Or maybe I’m just a kid at heart. Ok, yeah, I admit it. Neva grow up! Not completely, anyway. That’s my motto.

Photos courtesy of Judy Schachner (Skippyjon Jones); Lucy Maud Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables); and C. S. Lewis (The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe).

No comments: