Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 10 - Trying to Bust the Holiday Blues

I started out today's blog by singin' some holiday blues, but I really don't think y'all are blues folk, so I am sparing you the depths of despair. Onward and upward to a happier mood...

Hmmm...

The brighter side of life...

Positive things to focus on to make myself happy, and perhaps you, too?

Ok, I'll give it a whirl.

More things to be thankful for, and better yet, those things that make me belly laugh.

1. Hallie's silly songs, which are made up on the spur of the moment, and the words and tune just spill out of her mouth like water. We both wind up laughing till we're snorting and trying to fight back tears. Most of them are about me, after I've done something to embarrass myself, which is quite frequent, I might add. Hey, I can't help it. I'm pretty much a goof ball. But that kid has me beat.

2. Her comic strips. They are always funny and creative. The kid's got an awesome imagination. She's always reading my comic books. Yes, ok, I love comic books. I love to create comic strips. It's not just a boy thing, ya know.



3. Her creative stories. She's a great story teller.

4. Oh, and her silly faces. She's a clown. A total ham.

I am always in complete amazement and awe of how ingenious she is and how creative and free.



Ok, I feel a little better now and we're off to bed. If you've been singin' a little o' those holiday blues, hope these silly faces improved your mood, as well. Do have a lovely evening, won't you?


Love yooze guys.
;)

Oh, and if you have any comments you'd like to add, I'd love to hear about what makes you smile, or better yet, belly laugh.

No comments: