Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 9 - I Need To Be More Thankful

Someone on KLOVE stated, ever so eloquently, "We don't need more to be thankful. We need to be more thankful." Love THAT!

I wish I could remember that all the time. So much of the time, I think my quality of life would be better if... I wish I could provide Hallie with... I wish I could give Mama...

The truth of the matter is God knows what's most important to me and He takes care of that. I pray one main prayer every single day of my life since Hallie was born, because it's the most important:

He keeps us safe from harm. He protects us always. He keeps us in good health.

This is what I pray for my family and myself. He knows my family is my mashed p'taters. Everything else good that happens in life is gravy. Of course, it would be nice to have my gravy with my mashed p'taters, and we do get that a lot of the time.

No, I don't have a lot of money. Sometimes, I can't even make ends meet, depending on the incoming bills that month. Do we get by? Yes? Do we do a lot of fun things together? Yes, and not all of it costs money. Do we have our needs met? Yup. I have a good job. Hallie has a decent school. We have a home and a car. We have family and friends we love. We have food on the table. We have each other. I know how blessed I am when I really get to thinking about it. It's too bad I can't focus on this all the time, instead of wanting for more.

Is there anyone out there that doesn't want for more, at least some of the time? Are you completely satisfied or content with all that you have and with your life? Is it humanly possible to be completely content and happy with your life and never want for more? Do you think it's because we are spoiled as Americans? Do you think it's because it's part of being human? What do you think?

More to be thankful for (continued from yesterday):
21. Good music
22. Happy memories
23. Old black and white/sepia family photographs
24. Pictures of friends and family that make me belly laugh
25. Fun games played with a group
26. Hugs from people you love
27. Hugs from children (I don't have to know them)
28. Puppy kisses
29. Snuggly kitties
30. Little fishies that blow bubble fish kisses at you - Moonlight does it all the time! Don't you dare tell me that leetle fishies can't love. You'll probably think I'm wierd for saying that but I don't care. We love our fish.

What are you thankful for?

No comments: