Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 1 – A favorite song




Hard one. I have so many favorite songs, I guess I have to narrow it down to the one I’ve been finding myself singing the majority of the time, which for the last couple of months has been I Will Follow – by Chris Tomlin.


Hallie and I listen to K-LOVE (100.9 FM) and MIX 98.7 (FM), but we wind up listening to K-LOVE more often. They just play the most awesome inspiring music and we are always singing along. It’s uplifting, comforting and it’s one of the best parts of our mornings and evenings in the car going to and fro. Plus, Hallie prefers family friendly radio and tv, and although MIX 98.7 calls themselves family-friendly, it doesn’t meet our definition. There are many songs they play that have inappropriate language and kudos to Hallie for not accepting that – one of the many things I love about her.


Chris has just the greatest, most amazing voice and he’s so easy to listen to. This song really speaks to my soul and makes me feel more of a connection to my Heavenly Father. Not only that, but it inspires me to be a more caring, compassionate human – more of the person God wishes for me to be.


It’s not always easy. In fact, most of the time, it can be the hardest-blasted thing in the world – following him, serving, reaching out, trusting and loving. There are a lot of crazy maniacs in this world and it’s nearly impossible sometimes to reach out to people, but I want to please God, so I want to at least try and follow him, and try to trust that he will always protect us.


Why not give it a listen? You just can’t help but sing along. Let me know what you think of it.


“Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow...


All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my side
High above my life
I will trust in you alone


Where you go, I'll go
Where you stay, I'll stay
When you move, I'll move
I will follow you
Who you love, I'll love
How you serve I'll serve
If this life I lose, I will follow you
I will follow you


Light unto the world
Light unto my life
I will live for you alone
You're the one I seek
Knowing I will find
All I need in you alone, in you alone


In you there's life everlasting
In you there's freedom for my soul
In you there joy, unending joy
and I will follow”



Photo courtesy of www.gannsdeen.com

No comments: