Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 5 - My all time favorite quotations


There are so many quotations out there that inspire me or that I may meditate and contemplate. Some of my favorites are the following:

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." -Lao Tzu ;

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." - Robert Frost;

"I was wise enough to never grow up while fooling most people into believing I had." - Margaret Mead;

"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." - C. S. Lewis;

"Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve." - J. K. Rowling;

"Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it." - Lucy Maud Montgomery;

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." - Goethe;

"My child has taught me more about living, forgiving and loving than I could ever teach her." - Carol Blake Sessums

Although the above listed quotes are wonderful, even as useful mantras, my favorites come out of the mouths of babes - my babe, to be exact. I love Hallieisms! I love how she's 11 and she has her very own vocabulary, always has and I do not correct her. I don't have the heart. She just makes my heart swell when I hear these wonderful words and phrases that are just HER. She'll be all grown up and speaking correctly soon enough. Here are just a few of her Hallieisms:

"Can you be more pacific?" - age 10 & 11

"Scared me to deaf!" - age 6-9

"I think I'm going death!" - age 6-9

"I'd like to particerate in that." age 5

My favorite of all time?

"I pwedge awegiance to de fwag, of de United States of Amewica. An to de pubwic, fow undewstands, invisible, an dis is fow awe." - age 4

I just wanna squeeze her all the time!

No comments: