Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 2 - A favorite movie



Movie-watching is one of my favorite pastimes, so it was a little more difficult to narrow my choices, compared to yesterday's topic.

If I have to pick just one (at the risk of revealing I'm a teeny bopper at heart), I would have to choose Twilight. I LOVE vampire flicks, ok? There. I said it. While there are some pretty lame-o ones out there, I found Edward, Bella and Jacob to be totally enthralling. I couldn't choose which young man was more strapping, as they were both great pieces of eye candy. So what, I'm old enough to be their...their Aunt. Ain't nuthin' wrong with admiring beauty; checkin' out the merchandise. Don't worry, no cougar here. Although...no, never mind.

New Moon was good, but I must admit, a bit comedic, especially with Jacob skipping up the tree, stepping into Bella's window and howling out a "hey." The theatre rolled. I wonder if that part was scripted for a laugh. The special effects could have been better, as well. With technology these days and computer graphics, I was amazed at how poorly the werewolves turned out. Weren't you? All in all, a good movie. I bought it. We've watched it a few times, although Twilight is still my fave. I haven't seen Eclipse, yet, but I'm sure I'll get to it when it comes out on DVD in December.

Talking with Hallie, as we are both huge movie buffs, she chose Secretariat to be her favorite. She's loved horses since she was 2 years old and has been riding since she was 3. She's seen all the horse movies. I do believe she knows Flicka and Spirit word-for-word. I very much enjoyed Secretariat, as well - an extremely well put together movie. Plus, we adore movies based on true stories and THAT was a great story! She likes the vampire flicks, too, although she has only been allowed to see the Twilight movies, so far.



Photos courtesy of (Twilight/New Moon) Summit Entertainment; and
(Secretariat) Disney Enterprises, Inc.

No comments: