Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 6 - A fun fact about me? Maybe not...


Earlier, I know I prechose the topics I'd blog about for my 30 day challenge. All I have to say about that is I'm a woman and as a woman, it is my prerogative to change my mind. The topic just didn't...well, I wasn't feelin' it.

The focus of this challenge is to actually make the time to post every day - to get back in the habit - to actually do something for myself.

Since this is the week before Thanksgiving, I felt the need to focus more on that, since, to me, this holiday is about giving thanks to God, showing thanks to those I cherish and I'd like to post my gratitude. So, for this week before turkey day, I'd like to talk about gratitude, giving thanks and talk about what's most important.

Today, I'm thankful for many things, but what comes to the front of my mind is love. Love and family. For without it, there would be no reason to go on. It's what makes the world go 'round. I met the love of my life when my daughter was born. I got the greatest gift from God out of that marriage. I'd marry him a million times again to get that little girl. The sun rises and sets with her kiss of a smile. She's such a little nut. The kid cracks me up until I have milk coming out my nose!

Mama is my rock. She keeps me grounded. This woman is gentle and kind, yet she makes me strong - Strong-willed and strong-minded. Some people would call this stubborn. They'd be right. I've watched this woman come into herself, growing more independent and strong - where do you think I got my stubbornness? She has a very sarcastic humor. It's probably one of the reasons we get along so well. She's my moonlight shining in the darkest of nights. Together with Hallie, they are the air that I breathe.

The three of us - peas in a pod.

In no particular order - For love, Hallie, Mama, for family near and far that we hold in our hearts, friends that are considered family, our furry babies, for God, Jesus and an endless supply of blessings, people, places and things we love, I give thanks.

Yeah, so, I'm a big mush ball. Don't tell anyone.

No comments: